I am committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
I am, through my website developer actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of this website and in doing so adhere to recognised standards and guidelines.
This website endeavours to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 and the principles enshrined in the UK Disability Discrimination Act. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for XHTML. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant code means that any future browsers will also display it correctly.
Whilst BethanJenkinsBlog.org.uk strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas, however we are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same high level of accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing this website, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Below are some of the characteristics of this website which contribute towards our goal of making it fully accessible.
- This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) so that you may customise the presentation to suit your preferences. Without the Style Sheet, the site remains navigable and readable.
- Text sizes are relative, allowing you to adjust the size of the text in your browser.
- Color contrasts are high for maximum visibility
- Text alternatives are provided for images
- This site uses valid XHTML Strict
- This site complies as far as possible with the UK’s Disability Discrimination Act
- All pages have appropriate relational links to provide additional navigation
- All pages carry a search facility
- This site uses a Print Style Sheet, so that printing pages uses as little paper and ink as possible.